Wednesday, July 09, 2008

So we went to Wolf Trap yesterday to see an Irish dance program for the kids.

The second act was this hilarious guy Robbie Schaeffer who sang the cutest songs...you can hear a sample at his website.


When I told Matty that we'd be going to an Irish dance performance, he wrinkled his nose and said, "Do I have to go?" First thing there, he heard the music and started bobbing along with them, and said, "Mom, I really like this!" Molly saw the dancers in their formal, ornate costumes and said to me, "I wish I were a big girl so I could dance." Later she said, "Mommy, I wish I were a real princess!" (I think she thought the girls in the beautiful dresses were "real princesses.)
After the program we ate a picnic in the meadow with all of our accompanying friends and the moms spent a lot of energy trying to keep kids out of the creek. A lovely, hot, fun day! Wish I had remembered my camera!

No comments: