Saturday, January 03, 2009

Happy New Year

The new year is upon us. It was a lovely, quiet, and simple holiday season this year. We didn't go away, didn't visit with a million people, didn't cook until we couldn't find the kitchen anymore. We did eat until we couldn't see the numbers on the scale anymore, but that's a different matter! I've been blessed to be able to spend some time making art, played board games with the kids, started one of our new books with kids--The Tale of Despereaux by Kate DiCamillo. Monday, it's back to school, time to welcome back the old routine, with a few new improvements, I hope.

I'm never one to make new year's resolutions--okay, i am, actually, but i'm never one to keep them. This year, however, I only want to have one resolution. A friend of mine had this verse on her Christmas card: "We have fixed our hope on the living God, who is the Savior of all men. (I Timothy 4:10)" This is my resolution for 2009. To fix my gaze upon Him, to listen every day for that day. To walk according to His word.

Happy New Year, from us...

No comments: